Friday, January 31, 2014

Things to consider when looking for student housing

photo of student housing complex  
A number of factors should be weighed in the decision
of where to live while earning your degree.
Incoming students, welcome! Utah State has some fabulous housing options and whatever you are looking for, you will find it.

Here are some things to ask yourself when looking for student housing:

How much am I willing to pay for my own room? A private bathroom? Are there laundry facilities? Do I need a meal plan? A kitchen? Is an elevator important to me? Am I prepared to climb stairs?Would on or off-campus housing work best for my situation? Do I need covered parking? How new is the building? Can I live with friends? What is the rent?

Some of my housing priorities were: my own kitchen, proximity to campus, and an outgoing environment. 

I’ve lived somewhere different every year because what I wanted changed. Starting out in the dorms was great for me, and that is where I made some of my best friends. As my involvement increased, I wanted to live with other friends, off campus, and was able to find a plethora of options. Keep in mind what you value most, and you will be able to find just that!

photo of DJ Zolman
DJ Zolman is an ambassador in the Emma Eccles Jones College of Education and Human Services. He gives a little background below:


I chose to study Family Consumer Human Development (FCHD) because it was so applicable to life. I could learn something in class, then apply it that night with my roommates or that weekend while on a date. While I did not know what I wanted to study before coming to USU, once I got here I realized that the College of Education is where I wanted to stay. My peers are passionate about the material, my course load is manageable, and the staff are very personable and willing to help me however they can. The more involved I got, the better off I was!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments from real live humans are welcomed. Please, no anonymous comments or self-promotional links.